- Be a pivotal part of a newly formed Comms and Engagement team
- Work in fantastic new offices based in central Wellington location
- 32 hours per week
Salary $65,000 to $72,000 pro rata
Are you a proactive and forward-thinking administrator who wants work in communications and engagement? You will be responsible for the supporting the Engagement General Manager and will be the functional bridge with other key stakeholders. You will need to juggle priorities and deadlines effectively.
Who are we?
The New Zealand Infrastructure Commission/Te Waihanga (Infracom) was established in September 2019 and its key role involves providing New Zealand’s 30-year infrastructure strategy, information to industry, and procurement advice to government agencies, local authorities and others to procure and deliver major infrastructure projects.
What you’ll do?
You will be working in an exciting, fast paced environment with a wide variety of talented people. You'll be responsible for all facets of administration support including:
- Liaising with contacts, clients, the LT and other stakeholders on behalf of the GM
- Assisting with the design and implementing of the document management system
- Support the GM on the planning and preparation of actions, projects and outcomes as discussed and agreed
- Coordinating meetings, collating and distributing relevant materials to ensure the GM is fully prepared for all meetings, armed with relevant information and new development updates in advance
- Document production, proposal preparation and management
- GM expense management
- Travel booking, event and functions organisation
- Team and client communications, and a range of administrative tasks and team support
Things you'll be proud of
- Working with a high performing team
- Working for a team that thrive on challenges and tight deadlines
The role reports to the General Manager, Engagement
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV by 12 August 2020 to email@example.com
You will have:
- A sense of humour
- history of success in PA/EA positions
- Great organisational skills, with strong time management capability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technically savvy, including Excel skills
- A proactive and can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Ability to quickly establish and build successful working relationships with people across all levels